I presented a seminar with this title several years ago. While looking for something else in my (not so) organized file, I came across the handout. The tips are just as appropriate now as they were then. While I usually like to take a positive approach, this flip-side look at weight loss habits may help by forcing a different perspective.
1. Ignore hunger.
2. Eat fake, tasteless, or “diet” foods you do not like.
3. Skip meals.
4. Ignore your total well-being and life passions.
5. Let stress rule.
6. Set unrealistic goals for weight loss or eating habits.
7. Have a short-term outlook.
8. Lose track of the simple mathematics behind weight loss. It is not the whole story, but it is a good approximation.
9. Neglect to include enough protein in your daily intake.
10. Neglect to include plenty of high fiber and high fluid-content foods.
Bonus Mistake #11 – Underestimate the power you have to sabotage yourself.